Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kangaroo warning sign maker collides - with a roo

CANBERRA: An Australian man who works for a company that makes road signs warning motorists of kangaroos has been involved in a motorbike accident - with a kangaroo.

"I was riding my motorbike with my mate when the kangaroo jumped straight into it," Australia's Herald Sun newspaper on Friday quoted John Fleming as saying.

"Of course I've got a bit of flak from my mates calling me Skippy, and the guys from work sent me a get well card that's a warning sign for a kangaroo."

Skippy was the kangaroo star of an Australian television series.

Australia's population of kangaroos is conservatively estimated at more than 57 million and pose the biggest animal risk to motorists, accounting for more than 70 percent of animal related accidents in 2004.

No comments: